Sunday, May 27, 2007

CBBAG in Calgary

Location: NW of Calgary
Local Time: Friday, May 25, 2007

For those of you not in the know, CBBAG is the Canadian Bookbinders and Book Artists Guild, a group dedicated to the bookarts. I did not belong to the Vancouver chapter, however I had weekly binding lessons with Terry Rutherford, so she kept me up to date on what was happening. Here in Calgary, I thought I'd try to get in contact with the local scene.

There were bookbinders, professional and hobbyist, papermakers, paste papermakers and other connected arts, I'm sure. A fun group. On Friday, it was a BBQ hosted at Robert and Jamie's house. Robert and Jamie run Octavia Press out of their basement, as well as the Illuminata Bookstore.

The Illuminata Bookstore in particular seems like it would be worth keeping an eye on. They host a variety of events in the store, music and meetings for groups and so forth.

No comments: