A modified version of this recipe, to respect the people who will be eating my food tomorrow.
Makes 6-8 servings
- 2 14-ounce can of coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons yellow curry paste
- 1 29 oz can chickpeas
- 1 cup water
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1/4 large onion
- 1 14-ounce can of baby corn
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lime
- Slice the onion and baby corn into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel, cut, and parboil the potatoes for ~5 minutes. Set aside.
- Open one can of coconut milk and scoop the top thicker cream part into a pan.
- Heat this cream over medium heat until the oil just starts to separate from the milk.
- Then add the yellow curry paste and saute with the cream until it becomes fragrant.
- Then add the remaining 1 1/2 cans of the coconut milk and water and bring to a boil.
- Let cook until the consistency of the curry is what you prefer. You can use less water if you want a shorter cooking time.
- Add the potatoes, onions, and baby corn and cook until just done, but still firm.
- Mash 1/2 a potato and add to thicken.
- Adjust seasonings with soy sauce and sugar to taste.
- Garnish with thinly sliced kaffir lime leaves and red peppers. Serve with jasmine rice.